Coaching For Executives, Managers And Key Employees:
What is the value and return on your investment of effective coaching? Consider this:
"I never cease to be amazed at the power of the coaching process to draw out the skills or talent that was previously hidden within an individual, and which invariably finds a way to solve a problem previously thought unsolvable." John Russell, Managing Director, Harley-Davidson Europe Ltd.
The sports world has long recognized the strong value of coaching and the corporate and non-profit world is finally catching up. Serious performers have sought out and engaged executive coaches who provided objective feedback and strategies to accelerate reaching the next level.
The Wall Street Journal (May 16,2006) reports that executives such as General Electric Chief Executive Jeffrey Immelt and eBays Chief Executive Margaret Whitman used coaches to help them improve as leaders.
Fortune Magazine (February 19, 2001) showcased the bottom line results of coaching in an article, "Executive Coaching--With Returns A CFO Could Love."
A study of Fortune 1000 companies using coaching reported executives detailing the following benefits from the coaching they received:
- An increase in productivity (by 53%)
- Increased retention of senior people (by 39%)
- Reduction in costs (by 23%)
- Increased bottom line profitability (by 22%)
The same study showed the following improvements:
- Working relationships with their direct reports
- Team building
- Reduction in conflict
- Business relationships with clients
Effective coaching gives you:
- Objective feedback
- Leadership development for greater impact
- A confidential and safe "sounding board"
- A resource to resolve personal issues that blocks or impedes career success
- New perspectives to successfully negotiate constant change, uncertainty and stress
- Tools to master the art of influence and persuasion
- An environment and tools to capitalize on your natural strengths
- A catalyst to accelerate your performance
- A trusted advisor
Contact Alan today at 678-778-9012 or email him to discuss any questions you might have about the return on investment from executive coaching for yourself or your team.
P.S. Sign up now for Alan's newsletter (and free Special Report on how to thrive at work and beyond) and also sign up to be notified when a new blog post is ready for you.